Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Albertson's Round Up Trip


Woohoo! What a nice Round Up event we had this week at Albertson's. Not as spectacular as it's been in the past, but still awesome! Before I detail my transaction, there are some items missing. My wonderful shopping partner left with some free goodies, too!

Purchased:
20 Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurts - On sale 10/$7.00 = $14.00
12 McCormick Grill Mates Spices - On sale 2/$3.00 = $18.00
8 McCormick Marinades - On sale $1.49 (Buy 2 get one free) = $8.94
2 Orville Redenbacher Pop Up Bowl Popcorn 3 pks - 2/$4.00 = $4.00
6 lbs. of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts @ $1.99 per lb. = $11.90
1 measly box of Trix cereal - Regular Price (ugh) $4.19
1 16 oz. Diet Pepsi - $1.59 (hubby asked for soda and I completely spaced it, until the checkout line!)
1 gallon 2% Milk - Regular Price (outrageous) $3.39

Total before Coupons: $66.01

Coupons Used:
- 20 $.20 off one Yoplait Lactose Free Yogurt manufacturer's coupons. Because Albertson's round up to a dollar only includes coupons worth $.24 and up, this coupon quadrupled to $.80 off each item instead. This took off a total of $16.00.
- 20 $.75 off one McCormicks herb, spices, or marinades - Rounded Up to $1.00 = took off total of $20.00
- 1 Free ConAgra Product coupon = Took off $2.00 for the popcorn
- 1 $.50 off one ConAgra Product coupon - Rounded Up to $1.00 (I had an issue with the last box of Pop Up bowls I had purchased. I emailed the company and they sent me coupons!)
- 1 $1.50 off one box of cereal (Albertson's coupon - the only reason I bought this)

Total spent Out of Pocket: $25.51

From my receipt:
Today's total savings: $91.93 (off shelf price)
That is a savings of: 78%!

I did have some issues with this shopping trip though. The cashier did not want to accept coupons on the items made free by the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale. However, once she reviewed her coupon policy, she allowed them. There were 2 policies in the binder by the register. The second policy is a FAQ more than anything else and it details the acceptance of coupons on the items. I made a mistake and didn't purchase the marinades in quantities of three to maximize the sale. But even the best planned trips don't turn out the way you want them to all of the time! So do not stress when your coupon trips aren't 100% successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment